The Ticketline Network Limited is the Data Controller and responsible for your personal data.
We are "The Ticketline Network Limited", a company incorporated in England and Wales ("Ticketline"). Our company number is 285 3184. We are an authorised ticket agent for certain venues, promoters and event organisers.
If you have any questions or would like to contact us about this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please do so at the following:
Address: The Ticketline Network Limited, Queens Chambers, 5 John Dalton Street, Manchester, M2 6ET, United Kingdom Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z1639503.
You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who are the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would appreciate the opportunity to deal with any concerns you address before approaching the ICO. Please contact us in the first instance.
It is important to ensure the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if any of the details you provide change during the course of your relationship with us.
Data we collect about you and when
We use different methods to collect data from and about you directly, indirect or through third parties .
We will collect information that is associated with your identity including your first name and last name.
If you make a ticket purchase with us we’ll collect any information necessary to fulfil your transaction.
- We collect your name, age, email address, account password, date of birth, and payment details so we can process your ticket purchase and deliver your ticket by post or email.
- We collect information about any requirements you may have in order to attend the event. This may mean providing us with information including further basic details, including your age or any disabilities.
- In some circumstances, if applicable to certain events, we may require to collect additional information specifically relevant to your ticket purchase, which could include verifying your age with identification for entry or fraud prevention and detection.
During your booking, you can open a Ticketline account, or you can request to receive information by email about our events or services, including newsletters, event alerts and exclusive presale access.
Your Ticketline account collects your name and email address at the point of registration on the Site. You can update or remove your consent to marketing in your preferences section in your account, or unsubscribe from our emails at any time.
From time to time, you may be invited to participate in competitions or surveys relating to events sold through our Site, or regarding a booking for an upcoming event or post event.
On entry, your personal data, including your name, email address or any other relevant entry data may be collected and your consent in order to participate and record your entry and used to deliver the prize. If you win, your data will be used to contact you to arrange delivery of your order.
From time to time, and from your consent, we may invite you by email to participate in pre- and post-event surveys to gather additional data to fulfil your order, or obtain feedback on your experience.
If you require a disabled access ticket with or without a free carer ticket, you might need to disclose certain health or medical information as evidence, which may be considered sensitive information. This information is passed onto the Promoter for the event you are booking your ticket for and may be used to ensure entry.
When you contact us through our Site using one of our online forms, our social media channels, any review websites, or by telephone or email, we may retain a copy of these conversations in order to fulfil and resolve your question related to your query and/or your booking.
When you browse our Site, information about your visit is collected and stored in our web server logs. As you navigate through the Site, the server logs stores the details and contents you request and stores your IP address and the date and time of your page requests. We collect this data in order to enhance yours and other users’ experience when using the Site.
When you browse our Site, information may be collected by a third-party analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies including length of visit, page views, geographical location, your device. Data obtained via cookies and similar technologies will be processed in accordance with the cookies policy below. We collect this data in order to enhance yours and other users’ experience when using the Site.
Email Engagement & Responses
We may collect information on how you respond, engage and submit information from emails we send you, for example, if you opened or actively engaged with the content by clicking a link.
Information posted on third-party online platforms
When using online platforms that are associated with our Site, such as a review website or a social media channel, we may collect information relating to all posts, inclusive of comments made online about our events, ourselves and that are visible in the public domain.
For instance, if you leave a review about Ticketline on a third-party social media website, or a review website, we collect this information for the purposes of improving our services to customers and such information will be governed by this policy.
Booking on third-party online platforms
When you book tickets for an Event on our Site, we may offer a quick registration option through your existing social media accounts or a quick pay function, these include Facebook and Apply Pay.
If you sign in through your social media account, we may obtain information, such as your profile name, in accordance with your privacy settings on that social media site. Please read the privacy policies and check your privacy settings of those social media sites to learn how they manage your information.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data where the law allows and permits us to act and in the legitimate interest of using your data for the following:
- We require to complete the sale, including management of booking, printing and delivery of your ticket(s).
- When necessary for our legitimate interests, or those of a third party for the event you have booked for which your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- When necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory demanded obligation.
Should you have provided consent when making a booking or when subscribing to our marketing database, we may use your information provided for marketing purposes by email. You will be provided the opportunity to customise, update or unsubscribe from our emails at any time and we respect your choice and privacy at all times.
At any time, you can opt out of our marketing emails by updating your preferences or unsubscribing from any of the emails we send you.
Please note, where you opt out of receiving marketing message from ourselves, this does not apply to the removal of consent to process your personal data provided as a result of booking ticket(s) for an event or other transactions.
- Process and deliver your ticket or any other goods by post or email and information requested.
- Enable us to provide customer service and support and deal with enquiries, update you of changes to your ticket and contact you with service messaging regarding important event information relating to your ticket.
- Enable us to monitor access and attendance at our Promoters’ events, inclusive of your entry to events, age and identification verification, or where applicable, other applicable information in relation to your ticket including medical or disability information provided.
- Provide insight to improve and update the experience of our Site and ensure content from our Site is presented to you correctly with factual information and details of the event you are booking for.
- Support us to carry out aggregated and anonymised research on engagement with Site goods.
Disclosure of personal data and usage
We may share your personal data with:
- Our Promoters and Event partners who manage and promote the event which you have booked for to fulfil your ticket order, including your marketing consent preferences.
- Advertisers and their networks to serve relevant, customised adverts based strictly on anonymised or aggregated form, subject to appropriate cookie and/or opt-in consents.
- Other third parties where applicable and necessary to enforce and protect our own legal rights for the property or safety of or promoters, event attendees, employees or where demanded disclosure by law.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data provided for the purposes we collected it for. If we require to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and explain the legal basis for us to process your data for this purpose.
Third Party Content
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose of providing you a service to deliver your ticket and any other services you have requested from this Site.
Additionally, we will retain your data for only as long as is necessary in order to enforce or defend our legal rights, and in accordance with any legal obligations we are demanded to comply and enforce.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data for research and statistical purposes only.
We strive to ensure your data with us is safe, and we have placed the appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being compromised, altered, damaged, disclosed, accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised manner.
Your legal rights
You retain the following rights to:
- Request access to the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request us to provide a copy of your personal data.
- Request to update and amend any personal data that is incorrect.
- Request not to use your personal data for marketing purposes – please note, you can update your marketing preferences in your Ticketline account.
- Object to automated decision making and profiling using your personal data.
- Withdraw consent to our use of your personal data.
- Request to erase your personal data, save for information we are obliged to retain to comply with our legal requirements.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s office.
You can exercise your rights at any time by using the contact information contained within this policy, however in certain circumstances, we may demonstrate that we have a compelling legitimate interest to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Last Modified: 10th May 2018